Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 06 UV and Digital Sculpting for a Prop


Time spent: 7 hours

This is week two of my continuing build of a cannon prop. This time I distributed the cannon's UVs on a grid in Maya and scaled them evenly using Maya's UV checkerboard. Next I duplicated the model and created a high resolution polygon version. Mainly, I'm adding more polygons along the hard edges of mesh in order to sharpen the edges of my original low poly model. This is important because this week I'm then going to import the mesh into Zbrush, and start sculpting fine details onto the prop's surface. 

I spent most of my time UVing and creating the high poly mesh. 



Side by side Maya snapshot of the low and high polygon models, with wireframes.

Snapshot of my cannon's Maya exported obj file mesh that's imported into Zbrush. This is my current progress on sculpting the cannon in Zbrush. I plan to continue working on this in the coming week with our third week developing this prop.

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks rather nice until we get to the Zbrush part. Don't use the red wax material to show off your work. Need more geometry on the mesh to sculpt with, model doesn't feel finished.

    ReplyDelete