Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Week 06 Value

Time Spent: 7 hours

This was a great exercise for me to develop my 2D value and form skills. I always felt I didn't have enough experience in creating these tonal versions on an organic character in the past. I'm really glad I found the time this week to work on this to its completion. Our other art classes like to focus mostly on 3D asset creation and implementation. So, I'm glad to work on this ever now and then.  

I studied Valve's Dota 2 Character Art Guide and followed along with class to create values for this line art piece.

Line art masking out white backdrop for new compositionally good mid tone gradient backdrop. Includes my directional lighting placement.

Line art gray scale fill and shadow placement.

 Final piece displaying my characters values.

1 comment:

  1. The back side of the male figure is a little dark, other than that not a bad use of value.

    ReplyDelete