Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Week 04 Composition and Layout

2D Class composition and Layout:
Drawing time: 5 hours

Today, we practiced creating a 2d composition in Photoshop. I themed my piece on a long dead dragon resting on a mountain cliff, still hoarding his pile of gold. I mixed the layout of my piece utilizing circular, radial, and rule of thirds guide lines to frame the piece. I included another dragon at the center view of my circular dragon rib cage bones to draw the viewer's eye to the intruder walking onto this site.

Sample composition layout sheet, illustrating the grid line form choices that we want to follow while constructing this piece.  

 Reference

Final Render Shop

1 comment:

  1. Look like circular, looks like a nice layout but we have some value issues going on here, because the image isn't finished it is hard to give solid feed back on the one. I'm not sure why the time factor for this one was so long but the results are still incomplete.

    ReplyDelete