Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Week 03 Lego Project Part 01

Team: Ambitious But Rubbish
Ryan Hill - Team Captain
Michael Vogel
Boo Roseman

My Lego Minifigure Modeling Asset
Asset development time:
Modeling: 11:30 hours

I really wanted to challenge myself by developing a 3D character based on a well-known character design. This project had a short deadline of four days to complete, and I basically started it on the third day. I do not recommend delaying the start of such a large scale project like this if it's your first time modeling in Maya.

Before I started creating this asset, I examined the character’s design and found it manageable to construct with it simple shapes utilizing cubes and cylinders. The hardest sections to model are the arms and legs. The cylinder shape of the arms have a slight organic form that bents at the elbow, and is relatively flat along the torso. Each leg has three holes that are designed to position the Minifigure in a standing or sitting position onto other Lego pieces in our library of Lego pieces.

Special thanks to Yanjun Chen, and my teammates Michael Vogel and Boo Roseman for their support and self-confidence on this ambitious project.

 
Concept Lego Reference


Maya Minifig Model

 Import & render of my Minifig in UE4.

The images below display my team's utilization of creating a library of 3d models, and position them into a cool scene, such as this Formula 1 racing inspired environment.







1 comment:

  1. Great work on the figure, way to push yourself and play a huge contribution to all the various teams. I really think the work can off well.

    ReplyDelete